and put in row one behind the other, dialogue and vignettes, translations and back covers. All sorted, followed by a precise line of reasoning. They are like bullets fired at a speed that allows a qwerty keyboard. Sometimes they form phrases that remain in your head for days. It will poison the heart and mind. I write stuff for kids and I often find myself treating books written by anglophone genes.
I like it a lot. I could only do this for life, would sign tomorrow ... even yesterday.
For Anglophones genes Tomorrow is a field day ...
Tomorrow brings Black Diamond, the new, very good work by Eddie Campbell.
Campbell met him a few years ago when he was host of Magic in Rome. I complimented the designs of From Hell, we talked a bit 'of hard work that we began to realize the screenplays for Moore.
From Hell is probably the most exciting work of Alan Moore, a ride lasting more than ten years between the streets of London, including churches, Masonic circles, slums, and, occasionally, the bodies of prostitutes. I keep it in the place of honor in my library, close to Meridiani Borges and Hemingway. A wonderful book exploring the concept of evil more or less absolute.
But it is also a poison and poisonous book, From Hell. I remember the first albetti Taboo, I remember the feeling of deep connection with a text so dense. The empathic participation in the research of Moore, a sort of respect towards this huge work. A passion for leafing through old notes, old books and microfilm worn that remains, that the bard Moore, like a virus has attacked you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment